10 Life Lessons from the Super Bowl
February 06, 2023
Photo by Tyler Nix on Unsplash
I sat down after a Super Bowl some time in the last ten years. I wanted to reflect and collect some life lessons from a game that involves running with a ball in one direction, occasionally throwing it, changing directions, and running some more - all in 1-10 second fragments of time.
But, still, there are lessons.
This particular year, there was a big reversal and the favorite of the first half came out second in the end.
Life Lessons from a Super Bowl:
1. You can't rest on the laurels of your first half of life.
2. You can't get discouraged by a slow start.
3. Keep playing till the end, even into overtime because: YOU ARE ALWAYS IN OVERTIME.
4. Your second half may be better than the first.
5. You may run out of time-outs. Adjust.
6. Expect turn-overs and play them.
7. It's not over until Lady Gaga sings - and then it's only half over.
8. Spectators, commentators, and wagerers have no effect on the outcome of the game. It is up to the players to play it.
9. Your opponents will offer as much resistance as they can. Expect it and resist it.
10. Keep playing and moving the ball.
I am just guessing that, if you follow these pointers, you will have better than a 50:50 chance of winning.
Remember, it only takes one point when the buzzer sounds.