Doing the right thing because it is the right thing when the outcome is risky and the process is inefficient should not cause us to question whether or not the right thing is the right thing.
It is right because it is right.
If it goes wrong, so be it.
We learn to do the right thing better rather than switching to wrong thing because we have better odds of success.
Safety and success are not the measures of right.
I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand I shall not fall -Psalm 16:8
Here Is a Sermon
Let us APPROACH (10:22)
- You can. The door is open (10:11-15).
- You may because you are invited into covenant (10:16-18)
- You must because you need it and the world needs you.
Let us HOLD FAST (10:23)
- Stand for hope.
- Bear witness to the world.
- Act in love and goodness (10:24).
Let us CONSIDER HOW TO PROVOKE (10:24-25)
- P – It is POSITIVE (Not a negative threat, but a positive affirmation).
- R – It is REDEMPTIVE (We are forgiven people).
- O – It is OPPORTINISTIC (“Consider how to … ). κατανοῶμεν
- V – It is VISIONARY (“… as you see the Day approaching …)
- O – It is about ONE ANOTHER – We cannot do this alone. παρακαλοῦντες
- K – It is KENETIC – forces producing motion or change. παροξυσμὸν is stirring up
- E – ENCOURAGE - παρακαλοῦντες - Encouraging one another.